This year I made a resolution to use up some of the fabric in my stash. Now that September is here I thought I should get started.
As you can see, I have a lot of fabric! I took a 10 year break from quilting so my fabrics are a wee bit dated. What to do?
… Introducing ….
Table Runner of the Month
I set a few rules for myself:
- Create a new table runner every month. Table runners are an easily managed size, but they are large enough to use a decent amount of fabric.
- Use only fabric from my stash. The only purchases allowed are thread and batting.
- No fabric is off limits. I am not allowed to set aside fabrics I love. If I don’t use them now, I’ll probably never use them. The same goes for those ugly fabrics. I’m challenging myself to find a way to make those fabrics work.
- Have fun. I love the design process so every runner will be an original design. I’ll use this project as an excuse to play with patterns I’ve always wanted to try.
- Keep it simple. The project must be easy enough to finish in a day or two. OK, reality check, in a week or two. I have a day job!
Do you think I’ll make it? I finished my September project and October is already underway. Check back to see my progress.